R. Daniel Fleck
Dan and his clients have achieved outstanding results—both in and out of the courtroom—in a broad range of complex cases including oil and gas accidents, trucking, auto and motorcycle accidents, aviation liability (fixed-wing and helicopter), pharmaceutical liability, defective nutritional supplements (Olympic and Professional athletes), workplace safety, product liability, civil rights, and sexual abuse by authority figures. Dan also assists clients with medical malpractice cases of all types including hypoxic-ischemic birth injuries, Erb’s Palsy, and shoulder dystocia birth trauma. He has represented clients in over 25 states.
Dan was born in Ashley, North Dakota. After spending summers farming and ranching in North Dakota, he graduated from the University of Wyoming in 1991 and the University of Wyoming College of Law in 1993. Dan clerked at The Spence Law Firm during law school, and had the great honor to spend both summers in trial with Gerry Spence. After law school, Dan served two years as the Director of Lawyers & Advocates for Wyoming, a non-profit public interest law firm. He began practicing with The Spence Law Firm in 1996 and became a partner in 2000. He is a member of the firm’s management group. Dan also is a licensed pilot, an avid motorcyclist, scuba diver, ski-racing fan, and the father of two.
Dan is admitted to practice in:
- North Dakota
- United States Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, District of Columbia Circuit
- United States District Courts, Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, Oklahoma, and Missouri (Eastern)
Through affiliation, Dan represents clients in many other federal and state courts throughout the United States.
Dan’s affiliations include:
- American Association of Justice
- Wyoming Trial Lawyers Association (Past Board Member)
- Birth Trauma Litigation Group – American Association of Justice
- Board of Directors of Lawyers & Advocates for Wyoming
- Trial Lawyer’s College (2002)
- Wyoming Access to Justice Commission