Michael Lutz has been an attorney at the Spence Law Firm since 2013. He has successfully litigated cases ranging from truck crashes to insurance bad faith to wrongful death.
Michael double majored in biology and political science at DePauw University, graduating at the top of his class in each discipline. He was second in his class at the University of Colorado where he edited and wrote for the Law Review competed in moot court and mock trial tournaments. He then served as a judicial law clerk for the late Honorable Justice Warren E. Jones of the Idaho Supreme Court.
Michael lives in Pinedale, Wyoming where he enjoys outdoor adventures and spending time with his family and dog.
Michael is admitted to practice in:
- North Dakota
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Recovering Future Economic Damages for Your Undocumented Immigrant Client, The Coffee House (July 2020)
- Preserving Notice Pleading in Wyoming: A Proposed Argument Against Adopting the Iqbal/Twombly Plausibility Standard, The Coffee House (Dec. 2018)
- Beating Common Discovery Objections Part One: Subsequent Remedial Measures, The Coffee House (May 2018)
- Restore Colorado’s Repair Doctrine for Construction Defect Claims, 83 U. Colo. L. Rev. 875 (2012)
- Forbush v. Sagecrest Multi Family Property Owners’ Association, Inc., 162 Idaho 317, 396 P.3d 1199 (2017)
- Wyoming Lawyer Editorial Review Board. Member from January 2021 to present.
- Town of Pinedale Planning and Zoning Commission. Member from May 2021 to present.
- Pinedale Pro Bono Forms Clinic through Teton County Access to Justice. Volunteer from November 2018 to present.
- Competitive long-distance running and cross-country skiing
“Mr. Lutz won a very hard-fought case for us. He helped us find justice and fairness where none existed for us prior to his involvement. He worked tirelessly with impeccable research and the facts were incontrovertible, beyond question. He would always touch base with us and get feedback about sensitive aspects, making sure that we were all in agreement about the tactics which could have various outcomes. His work lasted a couple of years and he never gave up with the case even when things got tough here and there. He would always give us solid advice and we'd carry on. He was always very cordial and respectful to everyone, which made the work more pleasant, especially when the case could've been more contentious. This made him a natural peacemaker who sought a proper result after all the facts were laid on the table. Mr. Lutz is very highly recommended and he has our sincere gratitude for making a difficult case easier to navigate and to prevail.”
Mike Lutz recently represented me and exceeded my high expectations with his total commitment to focus on winning the best imaginable outcome for me.
I think Mike is super personable, genuine, hardworking, even-tempered, and smart. I immediately felt comfortable getting to know and work with Mike on my problem to which he tirelessly showed his amazing breadth of legal knowledge coupled with thorough research and full transparency.
When faced with daunting challenges Mike kept his focus, fought for me, didn’t back down, and kept things moving. In the end, the results were the very best for me. Mike facilitated the case settlement to my economic satisfaction while totally protecting all facets of my future interests.
I have complete confidence in Mike and enjoyed every minute of working with him. It would be my great privilege to lean on his professionalism and integrity if I'm ever in need again. I’ve worked with many lawyers over the years and Mike stands out. I will enthusiastically recommend Mike Lutz to anyone who needs a real pro!
Mark L. AronowitzView Profile
Elizabeth A. RichardsView Profile
Sarah A. KelloggView Profile
Francheska BardackeView Profile
Gabriel J. PhillipsView Profile
Emily S. MaddenView Profile
Catherine RustView Profile
Erin MarshallView Profile